A big thank you to all of our residents, local community organizations, businesses, and OTENA members, Trustees, volunteers, friends, and families for making 2011 a year to remember in Olde Towne East and throughout the Near East Side.
Also, special thanks to all the neighborhood Blockwatches for their continued efforts to make our neighborhood safe year-round.
It’s impossible to mention all the good things that happened in 2011. Here are just a few of the highlights…
- Brand new oldetowneeast.org website and revamped Facebook page
- The most successful Summer Tour of Historic Homes yet
- Five new restaurants and coffee shops opened (Angry Baker, Smothered Gravy, Sweet Raines, L’Appat, and Upper Cup)
- Homeport Gallery Opens on Long Street
- Another successful Hot Times Festival
- Many more OTENA-sponsored social events, including first Music in the Garden event
- Central Community House Celebrated 75 Years
- Two new condominium developments: Main Street Condos and NoBo on Long Condos
- New Media Middle School Opened
- Reinstated the OTENA Green Committee and Membership Committee. Also started the OTENA Financial Committee
- Annual Trash to Treasures Yard Sale
- Earth Day cleanup